Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies
Elizabeth Hubble, Director
Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies, an interdisciplinary program founded in 1990, encourages the production, discussion, and dissemination of knowledge about women's experiences, oppressions, and achievements in Montana, the U.S., and the world. In the last decade this focus has broadened to include study of the social and cultural construction of gender, sex, and sexualities. By fostering awareness of cultural and international diversity, as well as of the circulations of power mediated by race, class, age, and sexual orientation, Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies encourages students to think critically and to envision justice for all peoples.
The Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies program is administered by the director, with assistance from the program coordinator, in consultation with the Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies Executive Committee, an interdisciplinary group of faculty and professional associates with teaching, research, and scholarly interests in women, gender and sexuality.
Students may include Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies in their studies in two ways. They can major in Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies, or they can complete the Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies minor. Students may select coursework from a wide variety of courses offered in the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, law, education and other disciplines. Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies offers scholarships and sponsors or co-sponsors a variety of events including lectures, discussions, and performances that make a vibrant contribution to both the campus and the Missoula community life.
To be admitted, students must register with the Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies director, who will explain major or minor requirements and supervise their program.
|Women's, Gender & Sexuality St||Bachelor of Arts|
|Women's, Gender & Sexuality St||Minor|
- Casey Charles, Professor
- M. Ione Crummy, Professor
- Paul Dietrich, Professor of Religious Studies and Liberal Studies
- Janet Finn, Professor
- Christine Fiore, Ph.D., Professor and Department Chair
- Sara Hayden, Professor
- Anya Jabour, Regents Professor of History; Co-Director, Women & Gender Studies
- Kathy J. Kuipers, Associate Professor, Director Graduate Studies
- Clary Loisel, Professor
- Hiltrud Arens, Professor
- Bryan Cochran, Professor of Psychology and Director of Clinical Training
- Sarah J. Halvorson, Professor
- Teresa Sobieszczyk, Associate Professor, Sociology
- Celia Winkler, Professor
- Tobin Miller Shearer, Associate Professor of History; Director of Graduate Studies (History); Director of African-American Studies
- Beth Hubble, Adjunct Assistant Professor of Women''s Studies